First of all,
Took us almost 2 years, League truly is dying.
There are more events to come, but we're kicking things off with a subreddit census!
Fill out the survey below and we can finally answer age-old questions such as:
- What is the best Worlds song?
- How good are reddit analysts really?
- Is there a bias against *insert region here*?!?!
- Flash on D or on F?
- What is the correlation coefficient between subjects' level of education and their predictions for the winner of Worlds 2022? And what does it say about society as a whole?
It should take around 5-10 minutes to fill out and is completely anonymous. In the beginning there are a few questions about demographics, then the survey is about League, League esports, Reddit and gaming in general. After the survey closes we will analyse the answers and share the findings with you.
It's been two years since this rule was introduced, and since we are happy with the results we've made it so that the rule is now permanent, however here is a reminder to everybody: Anyone who breaks the region baiting rule will be banned until the end of the tournament.
This will be a separate process to our usual three strike policy, which means that warnings will not be handed out, but it will also not lead to any permanent bans unless other rules are also broken. If your comments breaks both the region baiting and personal attack rules you will receive a ban for the duration of the event that will count as one strike towards the three strikes.
So what counts as region baiting? Let's start by looking at the rule itself:
Region baiting is not allowed. Region bait is defined as: Trash talk (NA>EU EU>NA) that is taking place in a completely unrelated thread. Posts and comments that do nothing but incite inflammatory arguments between regions are also not allowed.
What does this mean in practice? If you just watched a game where a team played terribly we won't ban you for going into that post-match thread and talking about how bad they were because of X, Y and Z. If you give legitimate reasons why one region has performed better than another one you're not getting banned. If you make harmless jokes that have more substance to them than just "LUL EU/NA BAD" you won't get banned.
Basically, just be reasonable. Don't attack people simply based on what team they support or where they're from. Don't go into posts for the sole purpose of starting arguments. Don't react to criticism against the team you support with personal attacks. Don't use one region's success to bash other regions.
We want everyone to have a great time during Worlds, and part of that is not having to be the target of personal attacks.
An update regarding #Worlds2022:
WITH THE STAGE ALMOST SET IN MEXICO CITY, WE'RE PLEASED TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE REGARDING OUR WORLDS 2022 ROSTER.
THANKFULLY, BOTH UPSET & HYLISSANG ARE NOW TESTING NEGATIVE. UPSET WILL JOIN THE STARTING ROSTER VS EG AND THE CHIEFS TOMORROW NIGHT AFTER FLYING TO MEXICO CITY TODAY, AND WE'RE EXCITED TO FINALLY WITNESS HIS DEBUT ON THE WORLDS STAGE.
WHILST HYLISSANG IS ALSO TESTING NEGATIVE, HE HAS ONLY RECENTLY TESTED SO, AND AS A RESULT IS FLYING OUT TOMORROW MORNING.
AS SUCH HE WILL MISS OUR GAMES TOMORROW EVENING. RHUCKZ WILL SUBSTITUTE, WITH HYLI HOPEFULLY REJOINING US FOR FRIDAY'S MATCHUP VS DFM.
WE WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE AND SUPPORT AS WE NAVIGATE THESE ISSUES. WE HAVE ABSOLUTE TRUST IN RHUCKZ'S ABILITY TO BRING HIS BEST PERFORMANCE TO THE WORLDS STAGE AND REPRESENT US FULLY.
AS FNATIC, WE THRIVE WITH OUR BACKS AGAINST THE WALL, AND WE AIM TO OPEN THIS EVENT WITH A BANG. SEE YOU IN MEXICO CITY TOMORROW!
How Riot Games disregards its own values when it comes to Worlds dates and ticketing - Travis Gaffordyoutube.com
While the fans from their home country were seething with the scheduled meet and greet in LA, local T1 fans are thankful for this rare opportunity to see the team. Thank you to the CEO of Based, Joe Marsh, who went around the place talking to fans, having selfies with them, and answering questions while waiting for the team to arrive.
Finally got a signed Faker jersey!
is it because a) washed b) unlucky c) setting us up for insane memes when he bodies kids in groups d) his CQ teams are griefing him
"Final 12.19! Adding some fun off-meta builds like Jungle Robots. Syndra midscope coming in! Eclipse is an important load bearing item for AD's+Fighters to play an early spike, higher risk playstyle and Assassins to play more durable. The nerfs aid that, while aiming power down" - https://twitter.com/RiotPhroxzon/status/1575191510961704960
>>> Champion Buffs <<<
- [E] Playful Trickster AP ratio increased 75% >>> 90%
- [Q-Empowered] Wilding Claw now deals 80/96/112/128/144/160 minimum damage to minions while empowered
- [W] Iron Mantle heal on minions increased 50% >>> 60%
- [R] Wingborne Storm damage to minions adjusted 40/55/70/85% >>> 50/60/70/80% (based on levels 1/6/11/16)
- [Q] Overload AP ratio increased 50% >>> 55%
- [W] Rune Prison AP ratio increased 60% >>> 70%
- [P] Z-Drive Resonance AP Ratio increased 80% >>> 90%
- [R] Chronobreak damage increased 150/300/450 (+150% AP) >>> 200/350/500 (+175% AP)
- Base AD increased 57 >>> 59
- [R] Super Mega Death Rocket! base damage to primary target increased 250/400/550 >>> 300/450/600
- [Q] Hymn of Valor base damage increased 40/70/100/130/160 >>> 50/80/110/140/170
- [E-Power Chord] Song of Celerity Power Chord base slow increased 40% >>> 50%
- [W] Wither AS slow increased 50% >>> 75% of the movespeed slow
- [R] Fury of the Sands buffs:
- Damage tick rate increased every 1 >>> 0.5 seconds
- [R-Q] Siphoning Strike bonus attack range during Fury of the Sands increased 25 >>> 50
The following are the off-meta changes from the PBE, subject to change or removal.
- [E] Judgement critical strike damage increased 58% >>> 75%
- [P] Second Skin detonation AP ratio increased 5% >>> 6% missing HP per 100 AP
Blitzcrank (Jungle/Attack Speed)
- Base attack speed increased 0.625 >>> 0.65
Attack speed ratio increased 0.625 >>> 0.7
[W] Overdrive changes:
- Attack speed increased from 30/38/46/54/62% >>> 40/53/66/79/92%
- Mana cost increased 75 >>> 85
- Now deals 1% max HP magic damage on-hit while active, increased by 60/90/120/150/180 against non-champions
[E] Power Fist changes:
- Mana cost increased 25 >>> 40
- Now scales with 25% AP and increased by 150% AD + 125% AP against non-champions
[R-P] Static Field passive AP ratio increased 30% flat >>> 30/40/50%
- [P] Deadly Venom AP ratio per stack per second increased 2.5% >>> 3%
- [E] Contaminate AP ratio per stack increased 33% >>> 35%
Tahm Kench (AP)
- [Q] Tongue Lash AP ratio increased 70% >>> 90%
- [W] Abyssal Dive AP ratio increased 100% >>> 125%
- [Q] Burnout magic damage bAD ratio per second increased 20% >>> 30% (on-hit is still 25% of this value)
- [E] Flame Breath nerfs:
- On-hit damage reduced 3.75% >>> 3.5% max HP
- [E-Dragon Form] base damage reduced 100-160 >>> 75-135 (based on level)
- [P] Fey Feathers AP ratio increased 85% >>> 95%
- [Q] Gleaming Quill AP ratio increased 60% >>> 70%
Nunu and Willump (AP)
- [R] Absolute Zero max AP ratio increased 250% >>> 300%
- [W] Thunderclap cone AP ratio increased 20% >>> 30%
- [R] Unstoppable Force AP ratio increased 80% >>> 90%
>>> Champion Nerfs <<<
- AD per level reduced 2.5 >>> 2.2
- [E] Wuju Style bAD ratio reduced 35% >>> 30%
- Base AD reduced 64 >>> 61
>>> Champion Adjustments <<<
Syndra -- See here
Base HP reduced 593 >>> 563
[P] Transcendent changes:
- Syndra collects up to 120 Splinters of Wrath from damaging enemies and gaining levels which enhance Syndra and her abilities.
- Syndra restores 20-215 (based on level) mana when she collects a Splinter from an enemy. Splinters can be gained from:
- Damaging an enemy champion with 2 abilities within 4 seconds grants 1/2/3 (based on level 1/11/18) Splinters with an 8 second cooldown per target.
- Leveling up grants Syndra 5 Splinters.
- Killing a cannon minion grants 1 Splinter.
- At 120 Splinters, Syndra gains 15% total AP.
- Ability icons change when upgraded.
[Q] Dark Sphere changes:
- Cooldown increased 4 >>> 7 seconds
- Mana cost reduced 40/50/60/70/80 >>> 40/45/50/55/60
- AP ratio increased 65% >>> 70%
- At 40 Splinters of Wrath: Dark Sphere stores up to 2 charges (1.25 second cooldown between casts)
[W] Force of Will changes:
- Dark Sphere pickup detection radius increased 400 >>> 450
- Now prevents non-Dark Sphere units from dying for a brief period when picked up
- At 60 Splinters of Wrath: Force of Will does an additional 15% (+1.5% per 100 AP) true damage
[E] Scatter the Weak changes:
- Magic damage reduced 85/130/175/220/265 (+60% AP) >>> 75/115/155/195/235 (+55% AP)
- Scatter angle increased 34 >>> 56 degrees
- Cooldown adjusted 18/17/16/15/14 >>> 15 seconds flat
- Stun duration reduced 1.5 >>> 1.25 seconds
- Reduced failure of close range [E-Q] Scatter the Weak-Dark Sphere combos
- At 80 Splinters of Wrath: Scatter the Weak's cone is increased to 84 degrees and slows enemies by 70% for 1.25 seconds after the initial stun
[R] Unleashed Power changes:
- [R-P] now grants [Q] Dark Sphere an additional 10/20/30 Ability Haste
- Damage per sphere reduced 90/140/190 (+20% AP) >>> 90/130/170 (+17% AP)
- At 100 Splinters of Wrath: Unleashed Power now executes champions below 15% max HP
>>> System Buffs <<<
- Pulled from the patch
>>> System Nerfs <<<
- Lethality reduced 18 >>> 12
- AD increased 55 >>> 60
Yuumi has not existed in my copy of league of legends in 6 months thanks to the ban feature.
However, with the recent insane Miss Fortune and Hecarim buffs, I simply can’t justify not banning them over Yuumi. That’s okay, I’m not mad at the balance team. Drug abuse is a serious illness. I get it, it makes you do crazy things.
Unfortunately this meant that on this fated day I had to play versus a Yuumi player in my platinum 4 lobby. At minute 1, she typed good luck have fun. The irony of a Yuumi player telling the enemy team to have fun was not lost on me, but I was determined to win.
Me and my autofilled ashe managed to kill the yuumi and her sivir at 6, which I thought was good, but little did I know, the game was long over by then. Enemy Khazix got 3 kills on the other side of the map, and on their next base, the parasite and it’s new host made first contact.
What happened next was a brutal sequence of events that I will spare you by not describing. But, before the game was over, I had to know the answer to an important question. I asked kindly, if the enemy yuumi could answer a question for me, and she was happy to oblige.
“Have you had to press any buttons since you got on khazix? Be honest” I inquire
“Not really, just E barely” she responds.
I am traumatized. I have no idea how to recover from this massive support gap. Please send tips thank you.
Please join us in celebrating our long-time Guardian, @inero, as our new General Manager! Nick has been with us for over 4 years, and we're excited to be taking this new step with him.
We are also thrilled to announce @oniononsail as our new Assistant General Manager!
Inero basically has been the backbone of Golden Guardians for awhile so this comes as a pleasant surprise.
I wonder who will be taking over for coaching then.
Riot just fumbled the "verified fan" ticket sales for finals pretty badly, leaving many people who signed up for the program unable to buy tickets.
This should come as no surprise for anyone familiar with Riot's history of selling tickets for their premier esports event.
In 2013 Riot sold all tickets for staples in one wave and made headlines for selling out the staple's center in under an hour
In 2014 Riot implemented tickets sales in waves to try and help fans, but was caught off guard when the early ticket sales sold out and they had to increase capacity for later waves
In 2015 tickets went on sale two days beforehand and sold out in minutes, while scalpers made huge profits on eBay
In 2017 Worlds Tickets sold out in seconds and got scaled at up to 2000% markup
In 2019 tickets went on sale mere weeks before and sold out instantly for groups But don't worry, Riot recovered by accidnetally having finals tickets go on sale early, allowing scalpers to buy out the entire arena
In 2020 Riot could only sell a very limited amount of tickets due to COVID, with 3 million fans entering a drawing for only 6,000 tickets Scalpers flipped these for around $5,000 each, leading to the Shanghai police getting involved.
I don't expect Riot to be able to completely remove scalpers, a lot of the issues above occur at any high-demand concert or sporting event. However, Riot has been underestimating demand for these events for a decade and they absolutely could have gotten larger venues (especially for groups and quarters). I honestly wouldn't even mind if they just increased ticket prices across the board. I would rather pay Riot $300 than have a scalper pay them $150 and me have to pay that scalper $300.
From Riot Phroxzon's twitter: https://twitter.com/RiotPhroxzon
"Have seen conversations in Western media around BORK. As we've seen Mythics play out, we're more comfortable with non-Mythics being purchased first and have some thoughts on how to move to a better world for future. (Some champs don't have Mythic first purchases that feel good)."
"BORK fills a missing niche in Mythics for squishy AD+AS fighter and it's not a problem if many champs build BORK, (esp if not statistically optimal on a BROAD set of champs you wouldn't expect). Any item has optimal users, it's normal for any item and isn't a reason for nerf."
"Long term, some combination of adding more Mythics for different styles of champions/playstyles, lowering the requirement to always build Mythics first (while still featuring in final build) and moving more non-Mythics into first item space are all viable options moving forward."
That game between Jojo's singed and Zeus's Jayce was entertaining as fuck. The energy on Jojo's team was so high with Brance (LLL player) and Spica. Also love how some of the korean players (Namely Zeus) are communicating with their teammates in English and overall just sound to be having a great time.
Can't wait for more players to start joining
Spirit Blossom Concept done, thanks for all the votes!
I'll be resting a bit and then doing the icon and of course the splash art ~~
Hope you like it
Love Arcane show and so excited for season 2!
For those of you that missed it, here's a 45 second summary of the Spica 29 kill, Jojo mid Singed, BR ADC vs 3 SKT gameclips.twitch.tv
TL CoreJJ's team (T1 Zeus/Oner, FNC Wunder, EG Kaori) joke about EG Jojopyun's play, then seconds later...clips.twitch.tv
"We have been playing on between 30-100 fps in every game ever since we arrived in Mexico and RIOT is not resolving the issue so at this point we didn't have any efficient practice and playing on stage will be the only time we can have a human setup"
Not sure if other teams are having the same issues, but seems like FNC were given a weak PC setup that can't run the game properly.